Wednesday, September 29, 2004

Raw Like Sushi

I haven't had sushi in, like, five months because I have to drive four hours to Halifax to get it. Both of the grocery stores in downtown Fredericton sell over-priced bento, but the quality is sub-par at best. I'm seriously considering taking the train from Moncton to Halifax sometime in the next few weeks to get my fix.

Lucky for me, lawmakers in Nova Scotia aren't as misguided as their counterparts at the Ministry of Health in Toronto: as of September 1, it's illegal for Ontario restauranteaurs to serve fresh, raw fish to their customers -- it's gotta be frozen for a while first to kill rare but dangerous parisites (despite the fact that there has never been even one reported case in Ontario of someone getting sick from eating tainted sushi).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home